Sound by Harman Kardon
The 50R combines Sena's most advanced mesh technology to date and a premium SOUND BY Harman Kardon sound experience in an unobtrusive, low-profile yet rugged design.
The 50R was tested during the 2020 Int. GS Trophy and proved its worth to over 100 participants across the expanse of New Zealand. With its powerful audio capabilities, rugged housing and innovative technology, the 50R's form and function set a new standard in motorbike communications.
- Premium speaker & microphone with SOUND BY Harman Kardon
- One-Click-to-Connect Mesh Intercom™.
- Stable & reliable
- Bluetooth® 5
- Convenient access to voice-activated digital assistants ("Hey Google"/"Hey Siri")
- 30% faster charging
- Automatic firmware updates via the included WIFI adapter
- Elegant and glove-friendly three-button operation
- Voice commands in 8 languages
- 3-year warranty
- Passed stress test by over 100 ADV drivers during the Int.GS Trophy 2020
- Main module: 97 mm x 48 mm x 27 mm (3.8 in x 1.8 in x 1.0 in)
- Loudspeaker driver unit: 40 mm - thickness 7.2 mm
- Bracket microphone: length 150 mm
- Cable between speakers: length 555 mm
- Weight: Main module 65 gr.
- Operating temperature: -10° C - 55° C
- Charging temperature: 0˚ C - 45˚ C
- Mesh Intercom™ technology
- Bluetooth 5.0
- Headset Profile (HSP)
- Hands-free profile (HFP)
- Advanced Audio Output Profile (A2DP)
- Profile for remote control of audio or video devices (AVRCP)
- Bluetooth intercom range: up to 2 km in open area
- Mesh intercom range: up to 2 km* in open area
* Can be extended up to 8 km when at least 6 drivers are connected
- Bluetooth Intercom supports up to 4 drivers
- Open Mesh Intercom for unlimited drivers
- Group Mesh Intercom for up to 24 drivers
- Channel support Open Mesh Intercom: 9 channels
- Premium speakers and microphone with SOUND BY Harman Kardon.
- Noise cancellation: Advanced Noise Control™.
- Bluetooth Intercom talk time: up to 13 hours
- Talk time Mesh Intercom: up to 8 hours
- Charging time: 1 hour
- Quick charge function: 20 minutes charging time for 6 hours Bluetooth Intercom or 3.5 hours Mesh Intercom use
- Type: Lithium Polymer
The new 50R offers a premium audio experience with SOUND BY Harman Kardon. The speakers and microphone have been developed in collaboration with the audio experts at Harman Kardon to ensure premium sound for one of Sena's most popular. The new microphone with a state-of-the-art sensor ensures optimal performance for voice transmission while driving and the new speakers guarantee significantly improved sound quality.
Sena's proprietary Mesh Intercom™ provides a new level of robust, reliable intercom connections and self-optimized, flexible routing of intercom messages thanks to significant technical improvements to the original Sena Mesh Intercom™ algorithm. At an astonishing speed, the individual mesh units actively exchange information and ensure 80% more data is transmitted through the sophisticated system of prompts and responses between mesh units. In addition, the mesh units determine in real time the optimal transmission path for an efficient conversation between drivers.
Mesh Intercom™ has been proven in the most demanding scenarios and adds an unprecedented level of reliability to Sena's flagship intercoms. #RIDECONNECTED like never before.
One device, three intercom modes
The 50R can use three different communication modes to communicate: Multi-Channel Open Mesh Intercom™, Group Mesh Intercom™ and Bluetooth Intercom.
With Group Mesh, a single, private group, with up to 24 participants can be created over a range of up to 8 km (min. 6 riders at intervals of 1.6 km)! Users must be invited into the Group Mesh, allowing additional control and privacy.
Multi-Channel Open Mesh Intercom (Open Mesh) offers the industry's first Mesh Intercom™ multi-channel system, allowing users to switch between nine different channels to talk to different groups of unlimited users within a range of up to 8 km (min. 6 riders at 1.6 km intervals)!
The classic Bluetooth mode is still an option to connect with other Sena Bluetooth users.
Whatever the group constellation, the 50R's flexibility can cover all riding scenarios.
Voice commands for better control
Take control of the 50R without lifting a finger. You can use voice commands to control the 50R hands-free, such as opening an Open Mesh session or answering a call. Just say a command and the 50R will act for you. The 50R responds to eight different languages, including English, French, German, Spanish, Italian, Chinese, Japanese and Russian.
Best among the voice commands, however, is the new direct hands-free access to Google or Siri from your smartphone! "Hey Siri, directions to the nearest hotel please!" "Hey Google, what's the weather going to be like today?" No buttons, no more preliminary commands. The 50R connects to everything Google Assistant and Apple's Siri have to offer while you're on the go! Access phone numbers or music apps or ask for directions to who knows where. Riding Connected couldn't be easier.
Quickly charged and automatically updated
Running low on battery power on your 50R? In addition to the technical improvements of the fast charging function, the 50R has been equipped with a battery with an extra high energy density, so that the device can be charged another 30% faster compared to previous Sena fast charging batteries. After just 20 minutes of charging, you get 3.5 hours of mesh intercom or another 6 hours in Bluetooth intercom mode. A full charge of the unit takes just one hour and provides eight hours of mesh communication or 13 hours of Bluetooth intercom talk time! Simply connect the included WiFi adapter to charge your 50R or use it to automatically install available firmware updates. Updating your Sena device has never been easier!
More control with the Sena Motorcycle App
The new Sena Motorcycle App gives users the ability to visually configure the settings of their 50R. Download the app to customize the settings and features of your 50R so you can, for example, manage channel settings for Open Mesh or set up a private group for Group Mesh. The Sena Motorcycle App can be easily downloaded from the App Store or Google Play shop.